.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

Fun with Campaign Signs

The Parliamentary election in Ukraine is the 26th and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a kid standing on a street corner waving a flag in the snow or a middle-aged lady sitting in a tent lazily handing out campaign lit.

party of regions

These sort of stunts are a heck of a lot easier than actually going out to talk to voters.

Anyway, there is some interesting stuff out there and I've documented it below

My favorite signs (certainly not my preferred bloc...) are from the Lytvyn crowd. Some of it is a big arcane and clever by half, but in these, their message is clear: Restore Stability

restore stability
Shevchenko (not Lenin, as I originally thought!)


restore stability 2
Ukrainian Parliament


My favorite campaign techniques are 1). draw a clear contrast with your opponents and 2). take advantage of voters' ignorance. The "Ne Tak" block ("Not Yes") hits both targets straight on.


Ne Tak


"Ne Tak" says: No to NATO. Yes to Economic Integration with Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan (heck, I would have thrown Azerbaijan in there for good measure, but then again, it might be too European). And wraps it all up with Yes to Russian Language. No mistaking where those guys stand. Some clever monkey has taken issue with these positions and posted responses in Ukrainian. Will have to find out what the graffiti says.

Comments:
Thanks for the pictures!

However, it's not Lenin but Taras Shevchenko on Lytvyn's poster! :)

The hand-written message on the Ne Tak! poster is far from being nice, the other extreme: "Death to Zionism! The circumcised ones won't get through."
 
Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?